As we are fast approaching Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day we love pancakes and know they are super easy to make, but a few people are still not comfortable about making them. So we thought we would show you a super easy pancake recipe that requires no weighing and it takes minutes.
This recipe makes between 6-10 pancakes depending on the size of your frying pan.
What you need to make Pancakes
- A Mug or a Cup (to measure the flour and milk)
- 2 Eggs
- Plain Flour
- Large Jug (to mix everything in)
How to Make Pancakes
- Pour plain flour into the mug / cup until almost full (as long as you use the same thing to measure the flour and milk you can use anything you like to measure)
- Tip flour from mug into large jug
- Pour milk into mug / cup until almost full
- Tip milk into jug with flour
- Whisk flour and milk in jug until
- Add the eggs one at a time and whisk into the mixture
- Put the mixture in the jug into the fridge and leave for about 30 minutes (this step is optional although helps develop gluten and small bubbles in the final pancakes)
- Put a knob of butter (or oil of choice) into a frying pan and put n the hob on a high heat.
- Pour just enough of the mixture into the frying pan to cover the base of the pan.
- Cook until the pancake moves freely in the pan and the top has changed texture from runny to sticky.
- Flip pancake and repeat.
DONE, turn out and serve with your topping of choice. Mum and I love Golden Syrup Reubs preferred chocolate spread.