Reubs loves milk, oh wait no he doesn’t not since he was a baby. However he does love playing with messy arty things so we decided to do some patterns in milk using science.
What You Need
- Milk (any will do)
- A Cotton Bud
- Washing Up Liquid
- Food Colouring (running liquid type is best gel is too thick although can be watered down to work)
What You Do
- Pour a little milk onto the plate.
- Add a few drops of the food colouring
- Dip the end of the cotton bud in a little bit of washing up liquid
- Gently touch the soaped end of the cotton bud to the drops of food colouring.
BOOM… You just did science and made some cool patterns.
Reuben loves this experiment and its super easy to setup and he loved adding more food colouring and trying different ways of touching the cotton bud to the mixture, as you can see we created some cool patterns.