As we approach the end of lockdown, during lockdown Reubens school has been absolutely brilliant, not only with the online schooling but the school cook has been brilliant. She Realised that Reubs loves cooking and has actually gone out of her way to send him recipes to try at home. So here we are what has to be the yummiest fairy cake recipes which is easy to make.
What you need to make Fairy Cakes
- 100 grams Self Raising Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Sode (Optional but gives added rise)
- 100 grams margarine
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 2 eggs (medium)
- Cake Cases
- Yorkshire Pudding Tray / Cupcake Tray
How to Make Fairy Cakes
- Preheat the over to 160c
- Whisk the eggs in a jug or bowl until light and airy
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy
- Add half the flour and half the eggs to the creamed sugar and FOLD in.
- Add the remainder of the flour and eggs into the bowl and FOLD in.
- Continue to fold mixture until it forms soft peaks.
- Put about 8 cake cases into the Yorkshire Pudding Tray.
- Pour the mixture into the paper cake cases half filling each one (this mixture makes about 8 fairy cakes)
- Put tray in the middle of your oven and bake at 160c for about 20 minutes until spongey, you can leave them to be golden brown on the top but spongeyness is the key. (I suggest you cook them for an initial 15 minutes and check them, as they take about 17 minutes in total in our oven)
DONE, now you have some yummy fairy cakes which I guarantee they won’t last long.